Become a Microsoft Office 2010 power user with this course. Combining five courses into one cost-effective bundle, the Microsoft Office 2010 Online Training course shows students how to master five of the most popular productivity tools in use today – Word 2010, Excel 2010, Outlook 2010, PowerPoint 2010 and Outlook 2010.
Uniquely, this bundle also includes the fees to sit one Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam, allowing students to achieve MOS status at the end of their training.
Upon completion of this course, students will have mastered advanced topics around document creation, spreadsheets and calculations, email and scheduling, presentations and desktop databases. Starting with basic concepts before moving on to look at advanced techniques, this course is best suited to:
- Professionals who need to learn how to be more productive with all five applications that make up Office 2010.
- Employees who want to deepen their knowledge of the Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications.
- Workers and individuals who want to earn the world-famous Microsoft Office Specialist qualification.
- Employees who need to earn an industry-recognised qualification that demonstrates their advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Individuals who would like to build up their skills for work or home.
This self-study approach means that students can work at their own pace, as and when best suits them. The course materials also act as a handy reference guide for when they try to apply their new-found knowledge at work.
Learners are also free to repeat modules or practical exercises as many times as they need until sure that they have fully understood each application. The social networking platform is an excellent additional resource for obtaining help and advice or sharing ideas with other learners. Once complete, learners will need to contact us to arrange their MOS certification exam.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
The Microsoft Office 2010 with an Exam package is a comprehensive introduction to each of the applications included in the suite. Students will learn both introductory and advanced techniques for Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access, giving them an all-round education in office productivity.
The Word 2010 section of the course will teach students all the basics of document creation and editing before moving on to advanced topics that include:
- Building and using templates and the Styles function to streamline document creation.
- Creating, modifying and sorting tables and columns.
- Using page headers and footers.
- Inserting graphics, symbols and charts.
- Using the Track Changes tools to audit changes made during editing.
- Using Mail Merge tools to create a set of individualised documents (such as addressed letters) in a single file, and repeating the process to print labels and envelopes.
- Utilising academic tools to implement referencing, footnotes and indexes.
- Protecting documents from unauthorised access with encryption and passwords.
- Working with multiple document formats, including PDF files.
- Organising long documents using outline view and inbuilt heading tools.
- Creating forms to collect data.
- Programming advanced functions with macros and XML.
The Excel 2010 course walks students through the process of creating basic spreadsheets and manipulating numerical data before looking at a range of advanced techniques including:
- Create and using a Sparkline to analyse data trends.
- Filtering data to focus only on the information that matters.
- Autosizing columns to fit data and improve visibility.
- Editing and auditing formulae to ensure they continue to generate the required calculations correctly.
- Freezing panes to help better navigate large spreadsheets.
- Using Excel spreadsheet data to create charts.
- Moving and copying cells between sheets.
- Using the VLOOKUP function to locate key data quickly.
- Using Paste Special (Transpose Values) to automate data copying.
- Working with XML Data for use in other applications.
- Mark the Workbook as Final and Read Only to prevent further editing.
- Deleting duplicate records to maintain data integrity.
Moving on to Outlook 2010 and corporate communications, students will learn:
- How to read, write, edit and send emails.
- How to use address lists to choose message recipients, and mail folders to file emails.
- How to personalise messages with a signature, adding attachments and printing mail.
- Creating, using, sorting and categorising contacts in the Outlook address book.
- Working with rules and junk mail folders to streamline and simplify message management.
- Sending automatic replies, like out of office notices, or requesting read receipts to further simplify messaging.
- Working with the calendar to plan and arrange appointments, and use the address book to inform invitees and confirm attendance.
- Using Notes and Tasks to stay on top of other non-mail related jobs.
- Using the Outlook Journal to track activities and workload.
- Using data import and export functions to back up important information or transfer data between computers.
- How to use personal and public files to share messages and information with other Outlook users.
The PowerPoint section of the Microsoft Office 2010 Online Training course also begins with a number of basic concepts before launching into more advanced concepts for presentation design and delivery including:
- Working with text boxes, and formatting text to improve slide appearance.
- Using shapes, object snapping and WordArt Styles to add visual variety.
- Moving and copying slides, or creating slide templates to speed up the creation process.
- Using tables to display data – including tables from other applications like Excel.
- Adding formatted charts to display data visually.
- Using video clips and animated pictures to create additional visual interest.
- Proofing and autocorrection tools to prevent spelling mistakes being left in the final presentation.
- Using themes, format editing and sections to create a consistent “look” for a presentation.
- Applying slide transitions, animation effects and object actions to further improve appearance of the slideshow as a whole.
- Building a slide show and editing the timing to fit with a script and time constraints of the presentation.
- Adding speaker’s notes and comments to the presentation to assist with delivery.
Finally, students will learn about Microsoft Access 2010, the desktop database component of Office 2010:
- Understanding table creation and design.
- Finding, editing, sorting and filtering data to highlight key information.
- Building table relationships and enforcing referential integrity to keep data “clean”.
- A basic introduction to functions and using the formula creator.
- Using aggregate functions and totals to simplify calculations.
- Building forms using the forms wizard to simplify data collection and display.
- Using form controls to create a true application interface for the database.
- Building reports, and using calculations and graphics to improve the appearance of data.
- Building macros and assigning actions to form buttons, increasing the functionality of database applications.
- Importing and exporting data.
- Using the SQL language to manipulate data in the database directly.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
The Microsoft Office 2010 with an Exam package is designed to help users of any ability get to grips with Office 2010 and master the most advanced techniques to become more productive. By completing this course, learners will not only be more proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access, but they will also be ready to sit the bundled Microsoft Office Specialist exam.
Among the benefits of the Microsoft Office 2010 with an Exam package are:
- The skills and experience required to be more efficient when using Office 2010 to create documents, capture and manipulate numerical data, manage communications, build presentations and analyse datasets.
- Full preparation for the bundled Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exam.
- A marked boost in productivity, allowing Office 2010 users to spend more time on other tasks that generate profit for their employer.
- An in-demand skill set that will help learners perform better at work.
- An in-depth understanding of Office 2010 that can be shared with colleagues to help them be more productive too.
Upon completion of the Microsoft Office 2010 Online Training course, students will have an advanced knowledge of using the Office 2010 productivity suite and will be fully prepared to sit and pass the included Microsoft Office Specialist qualification exam. This course represents excellent value, providing all the training materials needed to master Office 2010 and the cost of the MOS certificate.
Note – Complete training with an option of taking any one exam for any of the subjects.