Widely used by the UK government and adopted by UK and international private sector businesses, PRINCE2® has become the go-to project management resource since it was introduced in 1996. Like its predecessors, PRINCE2® 2017 offers you the opportunity to employ consistent and effective project management across your business. This PRINCE2® Passport e-learning course is foundation level and is part of a course and exam package accredited by the APM group.
What Will The E-Learning Course Cover?
At foundation level the PRINCE2® passport covers the basic terminology used in the project management system, and the methods applied and put into action throughout the process. 12 interactive modules will break down all the main elements of PRINCE2®.
Benefits Of Investing In This Training
PRINCE2® can benefit an organisation’s project management approach by clearly identifying what a project is to deliver, and breaking this down into manageable stages for staff involved. Training can be delivered to staff at director/executive level, to those in project management roles, and staff members looking for increased employment prospects and new roles in the field.
This course is offered on a flexible e-learning basis, meaning it can be accessed from any location. There is also the added option of a classroom revision day to prepare for the exam
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Complete the comprehensive foundation level course, and begin on the route towards becoming a fully certified practitioner. Course content is divided into 12 modules and is summarised below:
- Introducing projects and project management and defining them in a business context.
- A look at projects vs. programmes, and the differences between them.
- Why Choose PRINCE2®?
- Common reasons why projects fail and how to address the issues.
- The structure and 7 key principles of PRINCE2®.
- Themes and processes and their integration.
- The Process model and how to tailor PRINCE2® to your business.
Processes – Start Up & Initiation
- Daily and lesson logs.
- Project briefs, including outline business cases and project product description.
- Management strategies during initiation – includes risk, issue and quality registers, and the project information document (PID).
Processes – Controlling Stages & Managing Product Delivery
- Stage control topics include checkpoint reports, configuration item record, product status account, highlight report and work packages.
- Managing product delivery content covers work packages, checkpoint reports, the quality register, and team plan.
Processes – Project Direction, Stage Boundary Management & Closing A Project
- Project direction objectives.
- Directing a project and supporting the 7 PRINCE2® principles.
- Activities and responsibilities during the project direction process.
- End stage assessments and exception assessments.
- Managing stage boundary activities feature the stage plan, end stage report, product status account and lessons report.
- Activities and management products involved in closing a project, including various reports and the benefit review plan.
- A look at the structure, and the roles and responsibilities for a project board.
- Other topics includes a look at the roles of project and team managers and project support.
Business Case Theme
- A look at the different types of business case, and outcomes, benefits, and project output.
- Tailoring, links with project processes, and the benefit review plan.
- Adopting a risk management strategy.
- Risk management and responses.
- Risk budgets, appetites and tolerances.
- Plans for project, stage, and team, along with a look at product based planning.
- Estimating and scheduling.
- Links with the PRINCE2® processes.
- Quality management strategy and following a quality audit trail.
- Differences between quality assurance and project assurance.
- Quality control, customer expectations, and acceptance criteria.
- A look at the issue and change control procedures.
- Examining different types of issues.
- The change budget and change authority.
- Configuration management strategy.
- Delegating authority and different management stages of a project.
- Event and time based project controls.
- How to effectively review and report progress.
- Escalating issues and exceptions.
- Tips on approaching and preparing for the exam.
- Foundation level exam simulation exercises, insight into style of questions.
- Referring to the PRINCE2® Manual.
- Benefit from interactive adaptive reasoning feedback.
PLEASE NOTE: Exam is valid for 6 months.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
- Every module is fully interactive, with a range of tasks, visual mind maps, and exam simulations.
- Latest 2017 version of PRINCE2®.
- A range of visual and video aids to guide you through the lessons.
- Full access to online support, forums, and progress reports as you or your staff follow the course.
- A cost effective and flexible learning solution for organisations.
- An e-learning course with the freedom to access from any location – ideal if you’re on the move, or working from other offices.
- Get all staff up to speed on a popular and very adaptable project management method.
PRINCE2® 2017 also comes with additional benefits.
- Built-in compatibility with HTML5, also works with Android and iOS.
- Benefit from high quality motion graphics, and professional presenting.
- End of module assessments to track progress, along with comprehensive progress reports.
- Exam simulations to help preparation
- Ability to earn points and badges during the interactive tasks.
- Audience choice – a social feature allowing you to review answers others have selected.
- Flag up questions you’d like to come back to later.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
PRINCE2® is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Our PRINCE2® courses are offered in association with SPOCE Project Management Ltd.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.